Forms for Active Members

Your TRS ID is the system’s identification for your account. A copy of your Social Security card is requested at the time of your membership so TRS can verify the accuracy of your Social Security number. Your Social Security number is required only for tax reporting purposes. It is your responsibility to send TRS written notification of any status changes, such as name, address or email. If your name has changed, you should also contact the Social Security Administration to make sure that agency’s records are updated. If your name as registered in TRS and Social Security records does not match up, it may delay your income tax refund or cause issues in determining your future eligibility and benefit amounts for social security and Medicare.