Life Events and Your Pension

As you progress through life — things change. At some point you may need to make changes to your beneficiaries if you marry, remarry or divorce; with the birth of children; death of a spouse or member; or as other life changes occur.

As an active TRS member, you can update your beneficiary designations at any time using the Beneficiary Change Form to ensure benefits payable to your survivors are distributed according to your wishes.

It is just as important to keep TRS up to date when your personal information changes. Using our Name/Address Change Form (active member), helps us to provide you with the changes or information that affect you and your retirement system. Changing your address with your employer does not mean TRS will be notified of the change. Please update TRS as well either with the form, linked above, or through the Pathway member site.